Gimmel teacher, Harry Waksberg
- Review and know material from Aleph: consonants, vowels, reading one and two syllable words
- Review and know prefixes and suffixes from Bet
- Review and know Hebrew vocabulary from Bet
- Review the Kiddush, Sabbath candle blessing, and Shema
- Learn the prefixes: nun, mem, shin, yud
- Learn the suffixes: ni, ta, am
- Understand the root system of Hebrew words so words can be recognized in various forms
- Be familiar with key Hebrew vocabulary words from the Chatzi Kaddish (shemei, berich, yitbarach, oseh), Maariv (erev, maariv, ha’olam, yom va- lailah, hoshech), Ahavat Olam, Shema, V’Ahavta (v’ahavta, ahavah, lev, levavecha, mezuzot, ani, Elohechem, eretz), Avot v’Imahot (avot, imahot, Elohei, Avraham, Yitzhak, Yaakov, Sarah, Rivkah, Rakhel, Leah), Gevurot (gibur, mehayyei, hakol), Kedushat HaShem (ha shem, kedushat, shem), and Modim (modim, anachnu, lach).
- Know the place of these prayers in the service.
- Understand the basic meaning of these prayers.
- Read and correctly use Hebrew script